International standard ISO 20121 “Event sustainability management systems. Requirements with guidance for use” is designed to ensure high level of events organization through management of economic, environmental and social factors. It’s important to understand that the standard determines the requirements for systems of event preparation and arrangement management, not for an event itself.
ISO 20121 is one of the youngest ISO standards. Its development was catalyzed by holding summer Olympics 2012 in London. In the meantime the standard can be equally applicable both to global and local and regional events.
Like most of ISO standards, ISO 20121 is based on fundamental approaches and principles (PDCA continual improvement cycle, system and process approaches etc.), what ensures high level of integration with the most popular ISO standards, in particular ISO 9001, ISO 140001 and OHSAS 18001.
The most remarkable examples of practical application of the standard are the above mentioned Olympic and Paralympic Games in London, as well as sailing competitions in Great Britain, regularly held by Weymouth & Portland National Sailing Academy. According to the organizers of the latter implementation of the standard allows saving over 15% of the event’s budget.
Benefits from application and certification
- Development of efficient and transparent system of event organization,
- Improvement of organizers interaction with the main parties interested in the event,
- Reduction of costs for organization and holding of events due to optimization of resources use, selection of the most beneficial suppliers,
- Reduction of carbon dioxide emissions throughout the supply chain,
- Creation of positive public image of the event and its organizers.
Why Russian Register?
Certification of business continuity management system in Russian Register will allow You to obtain:
- Confirmation of business continuity management system conformity by the leading Russian certification body,
- Certificate of conformity to the requirements of ISO 20121 of IQNet, International Certification Bodies Association,
- Opportunity to certify an integrated management system for compliance with the requirements of 2 or more standards,
- Opportunity to reduce service costs through engagement of qualified Russian-speaking auditors,
- Wide range of courses and seminars
and many others.