The ISO 22000 family of standards, describing food safety management system model is designed to help organizations – members of food chain regardless of their size to meet the requirements and expectations of customers and other stakeholders.
ISO 22000 standard includes the fundamentals and requirements for food safety management systems when organization in food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to manage food safety-related hazards to ensure food safety at the moment of food consumption. ISO 22000 requirements are aligned with the requirements of other standards, for example, quality management system standard ISO 9001 and therefore can be implemented within an integrated management system.
Independent confirmation of management system conformity to the requirements of ISO 22000 may be obtained from third party certification bodies. Organizations, seeking confirmation of their food safety management systems can use this standard for certification and fulfillment of contractual obligations.
The standard combines the principles of hazard and critical control points analysis system (HACCP) and application sequence, developed by Codex Alimentarius Commission, system approach concept, management principles through HACCP plan with pre-requisite programmes, communication with suppliers, contractors, consumers, legislative and regulatory bodies, continual improvement concept.
Implementation of food safety management system implies:
- determination of food safety management system policy, which shall be compliant with both statutory and regulatory requirements and food safety requirements, mutually agreed upon with consumers;
- assignment of food safety team leader;
- establishment of internal communication for timely update of information on the requirements for products, production conditions, personnel management, external regulatory requirements;
- implementation and maintenance of procedure for potential emergency situations and accidents management, which can influence food safety;
- allocation of relevant material and human resources;
- organization’s food safety management system analysis to ensure its continual applicability, adequacy and effectiveness;
- description of raw materials, substances and materials, incorporated in or in contact with products to the degree required for hazard identification and assessment;
- identification and assessment of all biological, chemical and physical hazards, and relevant control measures upon their occurrence for each kind of product/process using HACCP plan with prerequisite programs,
- implementation of processes, required for validation of controls and/or combinations of controls and for verification and improvement of food safety management system.
ISO 22000 series of standards include:
- ISO 22000:2005 Food safety management systems – Requirements for any organization in the food chain;
- ISO 22003:2007 Food safety management systems – Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of food safety management systems;
- ISO 22004:2005 Food safety management systems -Guidance on the application of ISO 22000:2005;
- ISO 22005:2007 Traceability in the feed and food chain -General principles and basic requirements for system design and implementation.
The requirements of the standard are designed for application by all organizations, involved in one or more stages of food chain directly (e.g. feed manufacturers, plant-raising companies, cattle-breeding companies, ingredient producers, food manufacturers, retailers, companies rendering food services, catering companies, transport companies, service organizations in the sphere of product storage and distribution) or indirectly (organizations, related to food industry, such as producers of equipment, packaging material, cleaning agents, additives and ingredients).
Benefits from implementation and certification
- building a reputation of high quality and safe food product manufacturer;
- compliance with HACCP code principles;
- implementation of newest approaches to food safety management;
- recognition by all organizations, included into global food product supply chain;
- system and proactive approach to identification of risks in respect of food safety, development and implementation of control measures;
- promotion of investment appeal; development of sustainable base for management decisions-making;
- arrangement of conditions for meeting mandatory statutory and regulatory requirements;
- substitution of generally accepted finished products sampling with proactive continual control of manufacturing processes;
- opportunity to develop efficient food safety management system based on already existing sanitary and hygienic programs and production control plans;
- exceptionally high-degree alignment with ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems –Requirements, which helps the development of integrated management systems;
- substantial reduction of costs for verification upon product processing;
- filling in the available gap between the requirements of HACCP management system and ISO 9001:2008 standard;
- quantity reduction of personnel operation errors through enhancement of personnel level of training;
- reduction of costs for organization’s management activity through its restructuring with regard to costs for products control and tests.
Why Russian Russian?
Certification of food safety management system in Russian Register, allows You to obtain:
- Certificate of conformity to the requirements of ISO 22000:2005 with international accreditation of RvA, International Accreditation Forum (IAF) member. You can find the accreditation scope here;
- Certificate of conformity to the requirements of ISO 22000:2005 of IQNet, International Certification Bodies Association,
- Certificate of conformity to the requirements of ISO 22000:2005 of any IQNet member (36 bodies from 33 countries of the world) without additional audit,
- Certificate of conformity to the requirements of GOST R ISO 22000-2007,
- Certificate of conformity to the requirements of GOST R 51705.1-2001 – standard for food products quality management based on HACCP principles,
- Certificate of conformity to the requirements of FSSC,
- Wide range of courses and seminars,
- Opportunity to certify integrated management system for compliance with the requirements of 2 or more standards,
- Opportunity to use transfer procedure,
- Opportunity to receive integrated service for management systems, products and personnel certification,
- Opportunity to reduce service costs through engagement of qualified auditors from the nearest branch-office or representative office, located not only on the territory of the Russian Federation and the CIS, but also abroad
Declaration Request for preliminary assessment / certification of management system
Annex to Declaration-Request for multi-sites organizations
Annex to Declaration-Request – Questionnaire of organization’s products hazards
Criteria for applicant’s evaluation of management system integration level by completion of declaration-application