The ISO 9000 family of standards, that describe quality management system model, are designed to help organizations ensure they meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders. This family of standards was developed by ISO, the International Organization for Standardization, Committee. Currently there are national analogues, for instance GOST R standards in Russia. ISO 9000 determines the fundamentals of quality management systems, including eight quality management principles which form the base for quality management system standards, part of ISO 9000 family of standards. ISO 9001 contains a set of requirements for organizations’ quality management systems. Independent confirmation of organization’s quality management system compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001 may be obtained from third party certification bodies. Over a million organizations worldwide have certified quality management systems, using ISO 9001 standard as one of the most widely used tools for developing an efficient management system. ISO 9001 determines the requirements for quality management systems that an organization shall fulfill to demonstrate its ability to provide products, compliant with customer requirements and applicable statutory requirements. Organizations seeking recognition of their quality management system can use this standard for certification and for fulfillment of their contractual obligations. ISO 9001 requirements are general and universal and therefore can be applied to any business.
The ISO 9000 series of standards generalizes world experience of organization of works on efficient quality management system development. This family of standards consists of standards and guidelines describing quality management systems model. ISO 9001, new version of which was published in 2015, sets the requirements for quality management system, which apply to all organizations, regardless of their activity, size, geographical location and belonging to public sector. ISO 9001 is the only standard in the family against compliance to the requirements of which organization’s quality management system can be certified. Although quality management system certification is voluntary, such certification provides an independent assessment of quality management system effectiveness.
The ISO 9000 family of standards helps organizations improve customer satisfaction and continually improve quality management system through internal audits and management reviews. The ISO 9000 series of standards includes:
- ISO 9000 – Fundamentals and Vocabulary. The standard is designed to set generalized understanding of the terms and definitions, used in ISO 9000 series of standards.
- ISO 9001 – Requirements. The standard determines requirements which organizations’ quality management systems shall meet.
- ISO 9004 – Guidelines for performance improvement. The standard contains guidelines, based upon the eight quality management principles, which were designed for managers to improve organizations’ performance and meet the requirements of all stakeholders.
ISO 9001 is suitable for all organizations regardless of area of activity. It was developed in such a way so quality management system implementation was conducted throughout the whole organization, rather than for particular kinds of activity within a department or subdivision. ISO standards are structured to be easily integrated into organization’s existing management system to meet and exceed customer requirements and expectations. In addition, ISO 9001 is compatible with other standards such as ISO 14001 (Environmental management system – Requirements), ISO 27001 (Information security management systems – Requirements), ISO 20000 (IT-services management systems – Requirements), OHSAS 18001 (Occupational health and safety management systems – Requirements).
Benefits from implementation and certification
- increasing personnel motivation through traceability and preciseness of functional responsibilities;
- enriching quality knowledge of personnel;
- increasing effectiveness of organization’s internal processes;
- cost savings through improved efficiency, quality enhancement of manufactured products and rendered services and defect rate decrease;
- continual improvement of organization’s processes through determination and elimination of waste in the performance;
- improvement of internal communications, planning mechanism and material resources allocation;
- increasing customer satisfaction through meeting their requirements;
- continual improvement of organization’s performance through implementation of modern quality management tools;
- organization’s competitive growth at Russian and world market.
Why Russian Register?
Certification of quality management system in Russian Register, allows You to obtain:
- certificate of conformity to the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 with international accreditation of RvA, member of International Accreditation Forum (IAF). You can find the accreditation scope here,
- certificate of conformity to the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 of International Certification Bodies Association IQNet,
- certificate of conformity to the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 of any IQNet member (36 bodies from 33 countries of the world) with no additional audit,
- certificate of conformity to the requirements of GOST ISO 9001-2011, STB ISO 9001-2008 and other national ISO 9001 analogues with relavant accreditations,
- certificate of conformity to the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 in Gazpromcert system,
- wide range of courses and seminars,
- opportunity to pass integrated management system certification for compliance with the requirements of 2 or more standards,
- opportunity to pass certification against quality management-related sectorial standards together with certification for compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015,
- opportunity to use transfer procedure,
- opportunity to receive integrated service for management systems, products and personnel certification,
- opportunity to reduce service costs through engagement of qualified auditors from the nearest branch-office or representative office, located not only on the territory of the Russian Federation and the CIS, but also abroad